Saturday, July 07, 2012

July - WEEK ONE

Sunday - Canada Day
I think that cupcakes are important and should be appropriately incorporated into all celebrations.  I'm not sure what exactly they have to do with Canada Day but they were so cute!




Kate has been talking about fireworks on and off for a year.  We didn't go see any fireworks in May  but we heard them.  Kate talked to the fireworks like they were a person and told them (this was in May) to be quiet.  Tonight she fell asleep but we dragged her out anyway.  Kate and I watched the fireworks from the back of the van.  Ken and Alice ventured into the parking lot adjacent to the funeral home pictured below.  In my opinion it was a great location.  Kate enjoyed the fireworks a lot.
And she fell back asleep before we got home.
Monday - Shawn and Cooper came to visit and I have absolutely no photographic evidence, stinkers!  It's always fun to visit with Shawn.  Cooper and Kate mostly ignored each other.  Cooper had fun playing with Kate's toys.  It was a spur of the moment play date and I'm glad that Shawn drove up to visit!  (Ken decided to work today and take off Wednesday.)

Tuesday - We went to Walmart in Bradford and I went to the eye doctor - not very exciting, except that we ran into my friend James and his daughter Audrey.  It was fun to chat with him for a minute.

Wednesday - Zoo trip with most of the Closson Family - Taunia, her Mom, William, Lydia and Darby.  (We bought a second hand BOB stroller from a friend on the way to the zoo)  Ken decided that he would take off the 4th now that he's working for an American company.  That way he figured we could do a zoo trip and avoid some crowds.  It was still pretty busy but not crazy.  We had a fun zoo trip.  Kate LOVED hanging out with Lydia.  Lydia was so great with Kate. 












Oh and incidentally, if you need to take passport photos, I wouldn't recommend taking them after walking around the hot zoo all day.  Especially if you're getting the 3 year old's photo done and her face is shiny (more on that later).

Thursday - Kate had a fever, and cried when she peed first thing in the morning so I immediately assumed the worst and we went to the Doctor in the afternoon.  Thankfully it was nothing.  We had the missionaries for dinner.

Friday - Kate still had a fever Friday but wasn't really doing too poorly so I thought I would go ahead and take the passport forms down to Brampton.  So down we drove to Brampton, went into the passport office and got in line.  When we arrived at the window to be processed and given a number I couldn't find the photos.  I assumed that I'd dropped them in the van.  I went to the van and couldn't find them.  Sweet Ken then decided to drive down to Brampton and bring me the photos.  I took the girls to walk around the temple and wait for Ken.  We had fun playing in the fountains.  I wish I had brought the camera.  Ken then drove the girls home and I went back to the passport office and the women who processed the forms warned me that Kate's photo would probably be rejected because of the glare.  (Glare, seriously?!)

Saturday - Kate's fever is gone!  We had a lazy morning and decided after Alice's nap to go to Fairy Lake and McDonald's - sometimes a late start to the day is just bad news bears.  Kate was almost totally inconsolable, but she pulled it together and we did actually have some fun. Here is Ken pushing the girls in the stroller - it is heaven.





We ended our day with a stop for groceries in Schomberg which meant that we had to go to the Donut Store (Tim Horton's) to get Timbits.

1 comment:

Jessie said...

I think we have identical lives... haha. We have two little girls around the same age, our first is named Kate, and we have a double BOB like you do. Aren't girls so fun? You look fantastic as well... let me in on your little secret ;) I still have lots of baby and pre baby weight to lose! Glad to see all is well with you and your family... you really made a difference in my life as my YW's leader <3