A few days ago my sister asked me how old Ken was turning, and I declared that he would be 31 - the stinker! The next day I was relating the story to Ken and he looks at me and says, I am 31, I'm turning 32. So does age matter? Sure there are times when age matters but in the middle years I think it all blurs together... not the point of this blog post though... the point - HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my sweet KEN!!
Last Saturday when Kate woke up and I told her it was Saturday she said - birthday party? And I thought that's funny. Today when she woke up and we told her it was Saturday she asked the same thing, and today it was true.
After wanting to go out for breakfast for Kate's birthday and not going we decided to go have birthday breakfast for Ken. We drove up to Alliston and went to the Sunset Grill - a very yummy place to have breakfast. We enjoyed our breakfast very much! My plan was to document everything for the whole day...
After breakfast we went home for family nap time. After that we went in search of Ken's birthday present. We drove to Richmond Hill and went to Canada Computer. There Ken purchased something "that has no practical value". He bought head phones. He loves his head phones.
I didn't take a picture... next we went to the hospital to see Dad, he's back in the ICU. I didn't take a picture. From there we drove north trying to decide where to go to dinner. At some point Kate fell asleep. We finally decided to eat dinner at Boston Pizza. Ken stayed in the car with sleeping Kate while I went inside and waited for a table. (Finally, I remembered to take pictures!)
I like this picture of Ken!
Part of me wants to delete this picture into digital oblivion but hey I'm 8 months pregnant so I should look round... right?
Ken enjoying his birthday brownie and ice cream.
So as with the theme of birthdays this year, nothing too exciting but all in all a nice day together as a family! I love you Ken you are such an awesome father and husband. Thanks for being born!
No comments:
Post a Comment