This picture was taken on the Thursday night of the first week. And as you can plainly see my little girl is all smiles. I still want more than anything to be home with her full time, but I know that can't be. The blessing is that we're making the best of a less than ideal situation. My daycare provider Antoinette is an angel. She is so sweet, so loving and so kind. When I picked up Kate today I asked about how well she napped. Antoinette told me that they were sitting on the couch and Kate climbed into her lap then climbed up and put her head on Antoinette's shoulder and fell asleep. Antoinette told me that she just let her sleep there for an hour and a half because she enjoyed the snuggle.
My sweet little girl is still my sweet little girl. And now for the rest of the birthday festivities!!
Antoinette gave Kate a present.
Mom and Dad gave Kate a present.
We took pictures in front of the birthday banner.
Ken made banana bread, which is really more like cake. He put cream cheese, whipped cream icing on it.
Kate loved her banana cake.
The next day Grandma and Grandpa Bacon came by to wish the birthday girl well.
It has been an eventful two and a half weeks, filled with lots of ups and downs. I'm happy to report that I only cried every night during the first week and I don't think I've cried this week at all. And just in case you were wondering, there are only 38 days until March Break.











2 comments:
Oh Wendy dear I feel your pain! I already cry THINKING about leaving my baby, and I don't get a year off! I want to move to Canada!!! :( It's SO hard leaving the most precious things in your life. I still cried when I dropped Summer off last year and she was 4! It's hard but I have had many wonderful blessings too that tell me my kids will be blessed and protected. I still pray for a miracle and have faith that things will work out whether I have to work or not.
You're doing great, you're such a great mom!
Love the idea of banana cake for a first b-day!
Post a Comment