It's moving time again for the McCartney family. What would a year be without a move?! UGH! Here's the fun part - we don't know where we're moving... well we know where we'll be staying for a few weeks - hello casa de Bacon!
Ken is finished school as of August 15. We felt good about giving notice at our building in Whitby for September 1. We don't know where Ken will be working so we've hummed and hawed about where to rent a place. I know what you're thinking, why the heck did we give notice for September 1?! I felt sick about starting another year teaching in Woodbridge, living in Whitby (it's 64 km one way) and we had thought about October but didn't feel good about it and bottom line, we both felt good about giving notice September 1.
As for finding a place neither of us have done much about it. I've seen one apartment (can you spell ghetto) and Ken and I saw a place yesterday. I've been teaching summer school for the last three weeks and Ken is really busy with his school work and there's this thing called procrastination... and self-storage.
Last year I gave myself a week between finishing summer school and going to visit my sister. It was during that week that I found the apartment we're living in. No such common sense entered into this year's travel plans. I leave to visit my sister tomorrow (Monday July 28) and I don't return until Friday August 8.
So keep us in your prayers - Ken needs a job, and we need a home!
2 comments:
Good luck finding a place. Things will work out! Have fun visiting your sister and new niece! Make sure you update us when you come back! :)
Ohhh Wendy... we need a house too! lets see.. how long until the beginning of September and no house hummm... hawweeee... a few changes in plans here that have changed plans... Keenan's leaving the military, so we have to move somewhere that we might be able to get a job for him. Yeah, this sucks! :) I'm sure we'll all think of something...
Post a Comment