Ken had the opportunity to go to Ottawa to attend a GIS conference. He went to an "Open Source Bootcamp" on Monday, and the actual conference on Tuesday. He and five other guys from his program drove up to Ottawa on Sunday afternoon and camped next to the Rideau River.

Their campsite was located directly across from the Rideau River.

Ken and Joel portaging through downtown Ottawa.

Why might you ask did they portage through downtown Ottawa? Well, the canoe strapped to the top of the pickup truck wouldn't fit into the indoor parking garage, and what could be more Canadian than portaging through Ottawa, while speaking in outrageous Quebecois accents and singing "Alouette" in the rain?!

Please, can you tell me, which way to de Ottawa River??
3 comments:
This is very funny. Portaging through downtown Ottawa. I wish I was there to see it, but I was at work, on the other side of the Ottawa River. Did Ken enjoy the fine camping weather?
You scared me when I read the title of the post!
Cute pics! It's always hard when your other half leaves for a while.
My brother is a nutcase.
Post a Comment