Saturday, July 21, 2007

The road to somewhere?


So where are we? It's July 21st - Harry Potter Day. (We've already read ten chapters) Yesterday was an interesting day. Ken had the day off and I completed the last day of the second week of summer school. Ken picked me up after school and we drove to Uxbridge to check out some apartments.

Plan A - well forget plan a, Plan B was get transferred and live somewhere like Port Perry. I decided not to transfer so we thought that Uxbridge (Plan C) sounded like the next best option. That was until yesterday. You wouldn't think that after paying $900 a month for a palatial apartment in Toronto you'd be expected to pay $800 a month for a tiny hole in the ground in Uxbridge? At least I wasn't prepared for the two apartments we looked at. The second (or rather second and third) were two apartments above a store. I figured it might not be our first choice but it might not be so bad, but I just can't see myself in either of the apartments.

That's when Plan D (!) started to form. We headed from Uxbridge to Lindsay to see how long it would take to drive to Oshawa. It took about 45 minutes using the 35 and the 401. Not too bad really. What about Oshawa to Woodbridge? Well if there's no traffic it will take about 45 minutes. (No laughing allowed, I'm too fragile)

Hopefully in another week or two we won't be homeless and we'll be able to embark on the next great adventure - moving!

No comments: