After finding somewhere to stay we wanted to find something to eat and then watch the sunset. We drove down to the water and it just wasn't right. The trees were in the wrong place - directly between the water and the sun. Ken wouldn't get to see the sun set into the water. Resigned to this fact we decided to eat at the only restaurant beside the water but the hour wait for food sent us in search of an alternate location.
This is a picture of the largest outdoor mural. The mural depicts a Wendat man speaking with a Jesuit priest. I took this picture while standing in front of the restaurant we didn't eat at.

We got back into the car with food being the goal. However, once we started driving we decided that we could wait to eat, and we began chasing the sun. We kept driving north and west. We found water in several places, but the sun wasn't in the right place. Finally when we were about to give up we found it. A rocky little bit of beach looking westward. We got there just in time to see the sun sink into the water.




Just before the sun sank from view another car drove up interrupting our solitude. Out came a man and a guitar. He sat down and played and to our happy surprise he was great. I snuck a picture of him as we were walking back to the car. Our own private sunset complete with a serenade!
3 comments:
Very nice pics. By the way, do you ever wonder whether making comments is worth the hassle? I hope so - I like comments BUT the word scramble, then the identity name and password. Man, it's intense.
I like the comments - it's validation. I like knowing that someone read the comment!
Wendy, this sounds heavenly! well, not the food part, but the sunset on a northern lake, with your sweetheart and music... Man o man! I miss Canada. Not just nice romantic parts but the North in general. I even miss the bugs! It means the temperature is right.
xoxo
h
Post a Comment