On our way home from Vermont, Ken and I travelled north to Montreal to stay with friends. We were only there over night, which isn't much time to visit friends and do some sight-seeing. I decided that the only thing I really wanted to see in Montreal was Nana's grave. I had a vague recollection of the grave from the funeral but I wanted to go again and take some pictures. Mount Royal is the hill (mountain?) in the middle of Montreal. The Mount Royal cemetery covers at least half of the hill, if not more. It really is a beautiful cemetery. Below are the four pictures that I took at the cemetery.
The first picture is of the view when you're standing at the grave site. There are no graves behind the Chadwick family plot, it sits next to the boundary and there is a fence right behind the plot. It is probably one of the highest points in the cemetery. I was standing beside the plot looking down the hill.
The second picture is of the hedge surrounding the area where Nana is buried. I took this picture because I wanted to remember that the section where Nana is buried is it's own private little part of the cemetery surrounded on all four sides by a hedge.
The third picture is of the headstone. I thought it was interesting that there is a masonic symbol engraved on it. I had no idea that Bill was a mason. I also thought it was interesting that although there were markers for Bill's first wife and Nana, there was yet no marker for him.
The last picture is of the marker for Nana.
No comments:
Post a Comment